8 ways to improve the efficiency of LED drive power
Summary of tips on improving the efficiency of LED drive power:
1. The main current loop PCB is as short as possible. LAYPCB's experience and layout. Different manufacturers different solutions.
2. Optimize the transformer parameter design to reduce the eddy current loss caused by ringing.
3. Reasonable selection of switching devices. This is the balance between cost and performance, what kind of customer requirements, what kind of devices are used, but reasonable. If you want efficiency, there is no doubt COOL MOS, low VF output diode.
4. If the input EMI part of the optimized design has passed the safety regulations, this part is more sophisticated for experience.
5. Choose a high-efficiency topology structure. This is the beginning of program selection, such as PWM and QR PFM.
6. Many people ignore to choose good electrolytic capacitors. The loss of electrolysis is very large.
7. Under the premise that the power consumption design of the startup part is efficient, it is necessary to consider that many chips have HV startup pins, and the startup current is getting lower and lower. The point is to know more about the new devices. Of course, there is also a lossless start of the additional circuit, which is not suitable for LED driving.
8. Chip auxiliary power supply optimizationin ST's L6562D application document that 15V will be the best, but the LED is generally a wide voltage output, some people's choice is to add a linear regulator to make the chip work at 15V to reduce losses.