What is USB IF certification?
The USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF) was established in 1995 to support and accelerate the market and consumer adoption of USB-compatible peripherals. Today, USB-IF has more than 1,000 member companies and has played a leading role in helping companies bring hundreds of USB-compatible products to the market. USB-IF members enjoy many benefits, including being eligible to participate in the USB-IF compliance program.USB-IF is the USB standardization organization of the United States, the full name of USB Implementers Forum. The USB-IF cable certification program is designed to provide USB end users with a list of cables that meet the quality standards necessary to operate in a USB environment. All cables have different functions. USB-IF certified cables for different purposes.
If you want to apply for a USB-IF vendor ID, there are two preferred methods:
1. Become a member of USB-IF. There are many benefits to becoming a member, including assigning a supplier ID to your company (if not previously assigned). The annual membership fee is $5,000. Download the membership application form below.
2. Become a USB-IF non-member logo licensee. The licensee of the logo is eligible to use the USB logo with products that pass the USB-IF compliance test. In addition, if your company was not previously assigned to you, you must also purchase a vendor ID. The two-year license fee is $3,500 (USB-IF members are exempt from this fee).
If your company have not a vendor ID number yet , your company must execute and return the vendor ID form and your USB-IF trademark license agreement. The vendor ID is $6,000. Please remember that just becoming a USB-IF logo licensee does not allow your company to enjoy USB-IF membership rights.
If you want to purchase a vendor ID without signing a logo license agreement, the purchase fee is $6,000. If you do not implement the logo license agreement, you have no right to use the USB logo with the product, regardless of its test status.
The steps to apply for USB-IF certification are roughly:
1. Apply to become a member of the USB-IF Association;
2. Use connector & cable certified by USB IF Association
3. Tested by USB IF authorized laboratory;
4. Obtain qualified reports and certificates
5. Use the corresponding USB logo
In addition, USB IF performance special packaging, cable and port LOGO are as follows:
USB-IF text logo trademark: