Our Products Including To Power Supply 48V, Switching Power Supply 30V, 36W Power Adapter And 45W PD Charger, Etc.
Why does the power adapter make strange noises when it is working
Some power adapters will make a strange noise when they are working. Do you know why does the power adapter make strange noises when it is working?
Why does the power adapter make strange noises when it is working?
Some power adapters will make a strange noise when they are working. This sound will be like leakage sound when the high voltage is not good, and it is also a bit like the sound of high voltage arcing, someone will call it as howling. What causes this situation?
The problem about power adapter
1. The transformer is working in a severe overload state, and it may be burnt at all times-this is the origin of the "scream" before some power supplies burn.
2. Under no-load or light-load conditions, the power supply will oscillate at certain operating points, which is manifested as the howling of the transformer and unstable output.
This phenomenon occurs because the instantaneous turn-on time is too large when there is no load/light load, which causes the output energy to be too large, and the voltage overshoot is also large, and it takes a long time to recover to the normal voltage, so the switch needs to stop working for a while Time, so that the power supply works in the intermittent working mode, so that the transformer will vibrate at a lower frequency (a regular intermittent full cut-off period or a frequency where the duty cycle changes drastically).
Process problem of transformer
1. If the wire package is not tightly wound, it maybe causes noise;
2. There is an air gap in the magnetic core combination, which causes the air to vibrate and make noise at high frequencies (if the transformer is fully immersed in vacuum, it will generally not make a sound);
3. The impregnation and drying are not in place, causing the magnetic core to be unstable, causing mechanical vibration and noise;
4. The length of the air gap is not suitable, resulting in unstable working conditions of the transformer and making noise.
The above is the analysis of the common causes of abnormal noise in the power adapter. Shenzhen SOY technology co., ltd. reminds you that it is better to reasonable use the power adapter or choose the safety power supply produced by the reliable power adapter manufacturer direct or choose the power adapter with a famous brand and good after-sale service. After that, you will be face to fewer problems with high efficiency and safety in charging.